Saturday, June 20, 2009

Crooked Creek Lake

Link: (June 20, 2009) Today I paddled 11.9 miles

You are certain to double your pleasure at Crooked Creek; it not only has Great scenery but Great kayaking as well. Expect the hours to quickly pass by, especially if you have a camera with you. On this day, I snapped more than a 100 photos of which I included some of my favorites.

I first discovered Crooked Creek earlier in the Spring, but it wasn't as dense as it was today. It made spotting wildlife a little more challenging, but fortunately I marked a few special spots with my GPS (Garmin 76CSx) last time out and was able to find the eagle's nest and a handful of blue heron. Unfortunately, the pictures weren't to my liking, so I guess this gives me an excuse to go back to this gem later in the summer.





No comments:

Post a Comment